Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Day 14. Did I Ever Get Out of the Station?

Day 14 and nowhere near the end of my journey. This journey reminds me of pretty much everything else in my life. I lose focus. I end up at the wrong place and even though it's usually a very nice place to be, it's not where I intended to go.

I was supposed to hope for something everyday, but I did not do that. It didn't have to be the same thing, but it could have been. It didn't have to be something large or even attainable. All I was supposed to do was hope. But I didn't. Instead, I was me and questioned everything and tried to dissect hope so that I could understand it.

Is hope really dead in me? Just thinking that thought makes me sad. I can't imagine my life without hope. Perhaps it is just the opposite. Perhaps I hope so much and dream so big that trying to quantify it is what is stifling me.

So now I'm at a crossroads. Do I stick to my arbitrary deadline of 14-days for this journey or do I stay on the hopeful train and ride it to the end? I don't see where this is going, but does it even have to go anywhere?

Can I just hope for hope's sake?

No comments:

Post a Comment