Friday, December 25, 2009

Hope is a Matter of Choice

Ask and You Shall Receive. How many times have I heard that and not understood? It wasn't until the Davids made me watch "Evan Almighty" (instead of allowing me to watch "White Christmas" another time) that my misunderstanding was revealed to me. I learn from the strangest places.

I asked for strength, and God gave me the opportunity to be strong. I chose strength.

I asked for courage, and God gave me the opportunity to be courageous. I chose to be courageous.

I asked for wisdom, and God gave me the opportunity to be wise. I chose to be foolish.

I asked for peace, and God gave me the opportunity to be peaceful. I chose conflict.

I asked for hope, and God gave me the opportunity to be hopeful. I am choosing to be hopeful.

I am choosing wisdom.
I am choosing peace.
I am choosing hope.

Merry Christmas everybody.

No comments:

Post a Comment